Monday, August 09, 2004

The most boring blogger alive in typically po-faced form.

I think dear Oliver must have a similar problem with language as Bush. Anyone who writes such tedious, long winded sentences as he does must have a problem when verbalising his thoughts. I mean, with the best will in the world you'd get lost trying to spout it.

Actually, I'm wrong about his sentences. I've just been to have a look to find an example and most of his setences are fine. Quite a few have an elegance that he clearly strives for. It's his paragraphs I have the problem with. Not so much the paragraphs, actually. Not the paragraphs per se. Many are fine. More carefully constructed paragraphs you are unlikely to find, certainly in bloggo bloggo land.

It's all of it, really, I can't get on with. When you put it all together, those elegant sentences, those well constructed paragraphs, you can't escape the feeling, I can't anyway, that this is a bloke you'd run a mile from if you met him in real life. And that's before you analyse what he's actually saying.

I know he has many fans out there, and The Times has even been known to publish him, but to me he occupies the same territory as WJ Philips and Guessedworker.